Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Shelton Bryant

Finishing the thesis means that i have nothing to do, while i search for a job and wait for my thesis to be marked. So for the last two weeks (before working with Carl), i've been on the net... a lot! Looking at pretty Comic, Magic and Fantasy art and finding out how expensive art from famous artist cost. The other thing i found was Shelton Bryant. I dont know much about him, except that he paints one hell of a Batman. Shelton has been interviewed featured in Silverbullet about some of his work. He also has two online galleries for viewing, one on Comic Fan art and DeviantArt. I think his style is really interesting, and mailed him about 2 commission, it was at a reasonable price, i think. Anyway, here is the first one.



In case people dont know who they are, the man is suppose to be Dream (Sandman, Neil Gaiman), I know he might not look like it, but i think the lady on the corner confirms his identity. I love how the shadows and the painting is done. I have no idea the right words to describe art. But i know i like this. So... let me know what you think.

4 comments:

DnT Blog Guest said...

Yeh, it looks good. I always saw Sandman as being close to anorexic though. Like a sickly pale goth man.

case-in-point said...

may be it's the new sandman, after his rebirth :-)

i like a more mischievous death though :-)

anyway, i like it. post more art, it's very interesting. I'll have to take a closer look at your walker painting when i get back.

case-in-point said...

his batman paintings are really amazing

mido said...

Ya... they are available for sale if you are interested i can get him to send everything over together