Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dinner: Pre-Japan in Taiwan

Left Sydney on the 9th of May for Taipei. Carried a bottle of tempus two Muscato and Pig's Peake Shiraz and found out that no fluids are allowed on the plane. So alan had to bring back the two bottles, and i had to buy new wine in the airport. So... no the best start for the trip.


Reached Taipei airport. Waited and waited for the luggage, enduring the very loud taiwanese tour groups and finally found out that my luggage was missing. Well, me and another 7-8 people from the tour group. I went to the people at the airport and asked them if they knew where my stuff might be, but they had no idea. When.... earliest tomorrow morning. Ah! but i have to leave for japan in the morning. How is that going to work. I asked them what am i to do... nothing... sigh. I left all my details with them and left, preparing myself for a quick shopping trip to the malls to pick up whatever i need for the trip. Another let down.


My sister and I were in the car and trying to decide where to go to buy stuff, since everything closes in 1 hour. So we had to be quick, but we decided to call the airport people just to make sure that they send the luggage over regardless of what time it arrives. And "Lucky" me, they found it and it is already being processed and they delivered to my sister's place at about 12 midnight. Sigh. Very very relieved. so finally, i can sit down for a good dinner, which my sister "cooked".

Yeah! good sashimi and tiramisu (not so good)

Sigh. the "exciting" day ended well.

2 comments:

DnT Blog Guest said...

Wow! Just when I read about your sister's tira misu they started talking about a chocolate tira misu on the Channel 9 morning show. Methinks Tam and I will be getting one of those tonight.

mido said...

Hmm. tiramisu wasnt too nice. i prefer the original coffee ones. so did you guys get any?